View Single Post
Old 08-02-2021, 06:05 AM   #500
Huinesoron
Overshadowed Eagle

Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Huinesoron is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
That is... fabulous. That is exactly what I was looking for, and what I needed.

Fun fact: I read that post when you first made it, and it made my day. And then I forgot that I read it, and read it again sometime later, and it made another day.
^_^ The best part is that the Forces of Evil sounding like they come from East London is pure Tolkien canon: 'Sit up!' said the Orc. 'My lads are tired of lugging you about.' Now I kind of want to re-record Sauron with a thick Cockney accent and drop all my aitches...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galadriel55 View Post
So - good thing that I made no promise to fetch a Silmaril, because I've been working 15 hour days and was on call last weekend, and not only did I not advance a single bar but I even forgot what the thing sounds like. Now, I am not on call every weekend, so I will have some time to work on it, but it's gonna be really slow going... Like, this weekend I expect to do maybe two lines, max a single 4-line stanza. I am trying to cut down the working hours too, so maybe at one point I'll catch up to my life and be able to do things for fun again on weekdays as well.
We always knew it was going to take a long time. There's never a need to apologise for doing stuff other than Zonging - the Valar know I do! Also: fifteen hour days, ouch. I can't even imagine.

While I'm here... I remembered just lately that a few years back, I'd mused on whether one could make a two-person location-based performance of the Beren and Luthien story in a particular Welsh valley. As it happens, I'm going to be in that area again next week, so if I get a chance I may go see if I can find 'shooting locations' for the songs of the Zong. No actual filming, of course (though I do have relatives of a dramatic bent...), but I might be able to snap some nice photos for a hypothetical movie. ^_^

(Sadly, I think the cave that would have been Nargothrond is now gated off. Nice big cavern, would have filled it with candles for Beren and Finrod to meet... ah well.)

hS