View Single Post
Old 10-09-2011, 08:35 PM   #1179
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
"Don't you dare to thrat-threaten me with reporting to my lord Athanar. As if he were gonna listen to your whining. I've been in his service since I have I came of age, and even before, I've seen-been seen-seeing him since my childhood. My old father was, and still is, one of his good friends. They are Riders. Lord Athanar values this, you know."

Saeryn did not know how to contain herself. She was angry at more than just Scyrr. She was angry at herself for having gotten herself into a position where she saw no way of escaping without ruining her own reputation. And she saw this knowledge reflected in Scyrr’s face. He seemed to puff himself out, realizing that he had the better of her.

"And your Eodwine is not weak because of what you said, no. If it was even true anyway that he don't want to be eorl. Which it is not. He is weak because he sends his woman to talk and cannot stand up for himself. If that's what you want to hear!"

Perhaps it was that he called Eodwine a liar. Perhaps it was that he called Eodwine a coward. Maybe it was both. But his words caused Saeryn’s temper to snap. She made a sound, half between a scream and growl of rage, and she reached up with both hands, catching a handful of Scyrr’s hair with one and his ear with her other. She hauled his head down while striding swiftly towards the door.

“Come and tell him he’s a coward to his face!” she shouted. “See if he has really asked me to talk for him! See if that’s what you want to hear!”

She kicked open the door, which was already opening from the inside, and jerked mercilessly on Scyrr’s head. “Get out of my way!” she yelled at Falco and Nydfara standing there, and she pushed past Crabannan without a glance. They stumbled into the hall, Scyrr struggling and grappling with her hands and arms, but she pulled without relent on his ear. When they stood well within the doors and had already caught the attention of many people there, she let him go. They stumbled apart and she stretched out her arm, pointing at him.

“My lords!” she shouted above the hubbub of all the other voices. “My lord Eodwine,” she said more poignantly. “This man – this man here – has somewhat that he would say in your hearing."

Last edited by Folwren; 10-10-2011 at 07:21 AM.