View Single Post
Old 12-22-2010, 02:13 PM   #78
xMellrynxMaidenx
Wight

xMellrynxMaidenx has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via MSN to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Yahoo to xMellrynxMaidenx Send a message via Skype™ to xMellrynxMaidenx
Silmaril

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morthoron View Post
I always thought Halbarad got a raw deal. And the other Dunedain that rode with Aragorn didn't even get mentioned by name!
I agree! Halbarad, along with the other unnamed Dunedain were my favorites (just because I love the Dunedain and their history )!

As someone has already mentioned too, Elladan and Elrohir. In my opinion, they may have been rarely seen in the books, but when they are Tolkien speaks highly of them. So I suppose everyone considers them minor since we hardly see them, but in my mind they're not! They're actually my two most favorite characters from the series itself, their father coming in second.

Haldir was minor in the books, but not so much in the movies, as we all have seen. While I appreciate PJ making him a little more important in the movies...even if he did have to kill him *grumbles*...I prefer the Haldir from the books, his personality appealed more to me.

Gildor Inglorion. He saved the hobbits, simply by him and his company walking through the woods, singing (If memory serves me correctly)! Gildor sent word out for the others to be on the lookout for the hobbits. Had it not been for him, maybe Tom or Aragorn wouldn't have found them! And surely Lord Glorfindel wouldn't have known about them either. Well, he may have given Lord Elrond has the gift of foresight...but I digress. The point is, Gildor is just as important as any of the others!

Asfaloth. Hey, I'm horse crazy I would have loved to have seen more of Asfaloth!

There's no doubt more to list, but I haven't the time to list all of them!
~|And all will turn, to silver glass. A light on the water, Grey ships pass, Into the West. |~ "Few now remember them...yet still some go wandering, sons of forgotten kings walking in loneliness, guarding from evil things folks that are heedless."

Last edited by xMellrynxMaidenx; 12-22-2010 at 02:23 PM.
xMellrynxMaidenx is offline   Reply With Quote