View Single Post
Old 05-29-2003, 12:59 PM   #198
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Important Notice

Bear with me. This will be long.

I am not a game owner, as you can well tell! However, at the beginning of the game, I wrote to the founders. Since I was a huorn, I wanted to have some idea why I was running about murdering people!

Ith and Mattius referred me to Auriel, who is a game founder. This is what we discussed.

1. First, as Mattius has stated above, the bad folk" have been inciting the Huorn to riot with lies and half-truths. Now, they are coming into the forest to make a formal alliance with them. They are doing this because they wish to strike back against Gondor. BTW, these are the same people who have held the Entwives captive on large plantations for many years.

2. The bad folk or Easterlings are using one of the captive Entwives to try and control the huorn. This is the figure hidden in the wagon. Auriel agreed to play this character.

3. Auriel said the company should come into Fangorn and find and free the captive Entwife. Exactly how you would do this would be up to the good people in the company. But please don't kill the people from Rhun. Let them escape.

For now, the baddies are going to be camping in Fangorn. Once freed, the captive Entwife would pesumably beg the company to rescue her sisters in Rhun.

4. Without guidance from the Ents, the huorn can not control their behavior. They would wreck havoc not only within the forest, but eventualy march out (as they did in LotR) and begin attacking others.

5. To forestall this, the company would head east and look for the Entwives. Auriel felt the main body of the game was not in the quest to get to Rhun, but in what happens after the company arrives.

The freed Entwives will be able to awaken the Ents. By implication, the Ents would resume their traditional role and the huorn would both survive and behave.

6. Neither the company or the captive Entwife know anything of the Easterlings' wider plans. It would be up to the company to ferret that military information out, once they get to Rhun, and then warn the King in Minas Tirith.

Mattius, (and everyone else) would this be alright? If you've got other ideas in mind, I'll gladly defer/delete.

Perhaps, as the company escapes, the Easterlings could give chase. The company would warn the King, with all coming to a head in a final battle.

Do we want to folk from within the game adopt these baddie characters (my preference), or go outside for others to join?

Here are some possibilities:

I've already created two characters of Rhun---the prophetess/priestess Saelonia and a warrior who is yet unnamed. They are both servants of the Khan who, in my mind, rules over the Easterlings in Rhun.

We would also need captive Entwives back on the plantation.

Finally, we need an Ent or two to come along with the company when they leave for the East.

Anyone have additional ideas?

Cami Goodchild

[ May 29, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]