Thread: Thanks Downers!
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2008, 06:08 AM   #11
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
I just finished (or well, I am finishing, just a few words remain) a paper for the school where we are to interpretate some article in other language (English, some people chose also German ones), refer about it, and add some own opinions on it. And I remembered that I should say here that I owe the Downs for the training to quick read information in English, of course, but first and foremost I realised I should thank all you people for the Books discussions, because I have the possibility here to practice work with text, critical thinking and dialogue on such basis. And when I re-read what I wrote, I was greatly amused by the fact that the last part where I am offering my own opinion looks almost as if I responded to some Downer's post in the Books. Well, I tried to keep a more formal style, of course But as I said, I owe all of you and the most probably all the people who were around in most discussions at the time I came here: I recall names like Boro, Farael, to a lesser extent Lalwendë and to a larger extent later davem. And that's just those I remember as the ones who contributed the most.

(And by the way, though this should belong rather to the addiction thread, when I started to write the paper, I had the itching to write: Quote: "..." - So you say, professor, that...? )
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote