View Single Post
Old 09-16-2022, 04:35 PM   #3
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Starting to get into a kind of groove watching this now. The main struggle I have is the timelines conflict with what I know from the texts, and that does mess me about a lot, I do like a consistent timeline. There's a pattern emerging, or conceit, that everyone*might* be Sauron, and there's characters constantly looking for him. I hope they don't go too far with this as it could become annoying, and once the bad Maia is found then there wouldn't be a motivation any more.

I was also puzzled by there being just one Palantir.

Amongst things I really liked was knowing that there's a Balrog down in that mine, and seeing how the Dwarves might have been driven to go too far (though surely Mithril was discovered before).

The politics of Numenor look promising. It's one aspect of Middle-earth I feel disappointed is left out of Lord of the Rings, there are so many hints about it but they aren't explored as we're focused on that story. I'd love there to be more stories about this, in Gondor or Numenor, so this might fulfill that want.

Who is 'Adar'?

The thought struck me, it all reminds me of the old RPGs, taking an unexplored story from Middle-earth and creating our own tales from them, but with a vast budget. That's a positive thing, by the way.