View Single Post
Old 05-13-2006, 02:09 AM   #51
Cailín
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Cailín has just left Hobbiton.
My my. That is quite tragic. Elempi dead? He was the only one in this village who made me feel young still, yes indeed he was, and such a kind man too. But all must die, eventually, I suppose, and with my notoriously bad fortune, I would not be surprised if I were next. Yes, yes. Oh, the sadness of it all.

I see one of my most beloved sons has already been trying to take charge of events. Yes, all as expected. Well, that is very well, but let us attempt not to take him so seriously. Extended adventuring has done funny things to his head, I sometimes fear. Though, mind you, Alcarillo and I have raised him very well indeed and there is –I assure you- not a trace of wickedness to be found in the brave lad.

As to what he keeps hidden beneath his cloak, perhaps we should ask Zali about that.

And, considering the charges laid against my other son, I must ask you all to back off. I shall be the one to decide if and when he needs a good lynching. Yes, indeed. Aside from tormenting his poor mother, he has done little wrong in his life. I think. I must confess, it’s hard to keep track of them both sometimes.

It seems to me, truly, that what we as a village should do is trying to aid the Good Wizard in finding the Evil Wizard as soon as possible. Amidst these masses of more or less suspicious people, it would be nearly impossible to find the two fanged ones anyway. Also, those who are guilty today, could be pure as the snow tomorrow. There are only two consistent men or women here… and those are the ones we should watch. I agree with the phantom here: the advantage of the Good Wizard is plainly that he does not fear death. Whether we shall see evidence of this in posting, I cannot tell.

There are more pressing matters to deal with, however. Fea, dear, are you sure you do not wish to remarry? I found such a great match for you. Trust me.
Cailín is offline   Reply With Quote