View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 05:27 PM   #33
Durelin
Estelo dagnir, Melo ring

Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Durelin is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Ring Using the sense-making thing... ;)

Aman - You just summed up so many things I was trying to say in a much clearer and more concise way...I owe you.

And yes, dwelling too long on all the setting up, as much wonder and mystery as there will be to have fun with, would be a mistake. I'd love to take at least some time, though, while still keeping the siege as a very large climax.

Quote:
how about two or maybe more stories going on at once? Elrond's elves and the elves of Eriador could both be played seperately but at once.
I really think that would be an excellent way to go. I've really enjoyed RPGs that go that way, as you know. And, as you suggested before, Aman, the Lindon Elves could really start right into the story as their own little *plotline*. Early on, I'd expect Gil-galad and Círdan would call a Council, in which the characters from Lindon (and of course Elrond) could participate, if they choose to go in this direction. This Council would be concerned with the matter of hiding the Three Rings, and the rise of Sauron and the threat he is to Eriador, particularly the Elven region of Eregion. One of the decisions it would make would be to send Elrond to Ost-in-Edhil. From here, the Lindon Elves would be a separate group making their way to the city, in haste.

Quote:
Another pointer on characters which I kinda ran past Durelin - the idea of having other 'perspectives' i.e. other than soldiers. This is a city: so maybe we could have other roles being played, such as a female elf/elves and/or a younger/non-fighting character. It just opens up to give more variety to the game by introducing someone who is not directly fighting but who is, of course, directly affected by it.
That's what I forgot to talk about! *smacks herself* I loved this idea, and I want to make this a proposition: how about the addition of a couple more Elves of Eregion as more 'secondary characters', and as non-fighters? I hope this might open up more interest for those gamers who would prefer playing a female role or a non-fighter as opposed to a warrior.

Quote:
Oh, and Durelin - about telling me to stop apologising...it's a RL habit that kinda seeps into the Internet as well. It's kinda an inferiority complex, mainly borne of being inferior. Which is, you know, fun. *shrugs*
Hehe... Well, don't worry, I have the same problem much of the time. It's just when I'm posting that I put on my *business hat* and pump myself up for sounding a little less inferior than perhaps I should, just so I can sound like I know what I'm talking about.

And, as Aman said: responses to all ideas, suggestions, and any other ideas anyone might have...we encourage very much that these be voiced.

-Durelin