View Single Post
Old 05-09-2015, 03:30 AM   #3860
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
Good job, Firefoot. Just a short comment from me now - I think basically what's been said here all makes sense to me. As for the starting, we sure are not in any rush, although I can also understand the eagerness to start. In any case, I think it's good to do something. I think nothing prevents us to plan more details (and Firefoot has already supplied us with first thing to sort out. Maybe we could try to e.g. contact Lhuna and Kath and Gwath regarding their characters?)

And at the same time, whoever wants can start on working or even write some details about what happened to their characters during some of the transition, like Nog suggested. So exactly if Scyld would seem to have ongoing stuff which can happen before the transition, that can be written, or at least some of it, which isn't dependant on the final shape of the transition. But if we roughly agree e.g. that there was normal routine for a year, also maybe some bigger random happenings around the King-spedition that Mith mentioned, then some evil winter, and eventually Athanar leaving on Éomer's call, people already have enough basic background info for writing something. Or at least trying to make it clear which direction their character's development would take during the time, which is something all of us would have to think of at any rate.

Or I don't know, if somebody would be really hyperactive to write, of course nothing would prevent in the meantime to continue in the "present" just where we left off on the thread if they'd have stuff to do; the main point however being anyway that we want to sort of bring people together on this and start a bit further "properly", as so far I think the main issue for most is to get to a spot where something is happening which can involve everyone and we have something to start from.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories