View Single Post
Old 04-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #6
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I really would be suprised if they include Beorn now it is effectively going to be "The Quest of Erebor" - eg a grown up version more like Gandalf's version in UT, and having to have the same "landscape" as LOTR. I can't see performing animals fitting in ... . The trolls may be also a problem given the precedent set by the cave troll in Moria.

While part of me wishes Tolkien had written a full version of the Quest of Erebor and I seldom now pick up theHobbit other than to check a reference (in my chaotic home it is the only Tolkien book I wouldn't be able to locate instantly - the rest of them are like a galactic hitchhiker's towel - I always know where they are!). The fact is that The Hobbit really comes alive when it is read as it was written as a bed time story for children and I think it is sad that it won't now really be a children's film.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace
Mithalwen is offline   Reply With Quote