View Single Post
Old 05-26-2008, 01:42 PM   #54
skip spence
shadow of a doubt

skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.skip spence is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Legate of Amon Lanc View Post
Err... not sure if you understood me correctly: I did not say anything about the fire thing or anything that would concern it.
You are of course right about that. But I don't think you really understand my main point either. If the fire was lit by the native orks of Moria or stationed Mordor sentinels alerted by Pippin's mishap, then why did they attack the fellowship in the manner they did? Why light a fire intended to cut escape off and then chase the hunted straight down perhaps the only escape route? That makes little sense. The fire, I belive, was lit by the Orks entering Moria, already alerted of what had happened at the opposite gate and aware of some of it's consequences. The Orks attacking the fellowship must IMO have been a separate group, perhaps under the command of the Balrog, but without any clear knowledge of the fire intended to trap the fellowship. Cus like I said, if the attackers were the ones who lit the fire, why then chase them down the emergency exit? Perhaps they they just didn't study the blueprints? Maybe it was all a mistake?

Orc 1:"I told you to light a fire to the right of the emergency exit, not to the left of it you, you lousy maggot!"

Orc 2: "Sorry boss, I thought you meant my right, which is your left, if you see what I mean sir...

(getting a bit off topic here, sorry)