View Single Post
Old 10-26-2004, 01:59 PM   #19
Bęthberry
Cryptic Aura

Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.Bęthberry is wading through snowdrifts on Redhorn.
Boots

No wonder I was frowned upon in Sunday School when I wondered what it must have been like to have Jesus as a half big brother. (No, I am not Catholic.)

Helen, isn't there some tradition which suggests that James the discipline was the brother of Jesus?

(sorry, off topic)

Child, I did a very quick net search when you first mentioned Heschel. I will look for his book.

It seems to me that we have a textual problem interpreting Galadriel, one which Aiwendil hinted at in his post. Do we take LotR as a stand alone text, or do we incorporate UT and The Silm into our readings?

From my perspective, given that Tolkien revised and drastically altered his character of Galadriel so that we have a very mixed portrayal (see Aiwendil's breakdown of the changes above), we should either limit our readings to LotR alone, or make very clear that we are collating textual versions.

sorry for the rush and haphazard post. Must return later.