Thread: Stupid Elf
View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 05:10 AM   #162
Pookabunny
Wight

Pookabunny has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Pookabunny
1420!

I know Elves are all special in Middle Earth and all, but I don't think they have control over PHYSICS. <P>Arrows don't kill and then return to the archer. It doesn't happen in the books and THANK GOODNESS it don't happen in the films.<P>Did anyone else see that the Elves in the Helm's Deep Battle had like 5 arrows, each? And that their swords were curved and narrow, and other elven-made blades (like Sting and Glamdring) tapered off in a leaf-design? hmmmm....<P>And Legolas' arrows in the films were CGI. I'm a big fan of Legolas, but I'm not one to call him almighty or all-powerful. Yea, he's great in the movies. Yea, he's great in the books. BUT Orly's good looks do NOT MAKE HIM the mighty warrior that Tolkien's words did. So to all those who say that he's a master archer and all that - the arrows that he shot were CGI.<P>I'd like that Legolas' credentials were admired more than his looks. Or that cool thing he does on the horse in TTT.<p>[ February 05, 2003: Message edited by: Pookabunny ]