View Single Post
Old 03-15-2021, 01:12 PM   #3
Formendacil
Dead Serious

Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Formendacil is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Send a message via AIM to Formendacil Send a message via MSN to Formendacil
I'm going to make the polemical argument that this thread is lacking in replies not because the forum is very tree-ish these days, but because Boro made the mistake of starting with TH:AUJ, which is the most boring entry in the PJ-canon. Unlike the LotR movies, it's not good enough to rally the movie fans to defend its honour. Unlike THOS, it's not a fun, wild--is it even Tolkien anymore?--ride. And unlike TH:B5A, it's not BAD. So the cavalry isn't galloping in to save it and its foes aren't salivating to skewer it.

My own TH:AUJ memories are slender: I saw it once in theatres and I haven't seen it since. I didn't like it, exactly, but I left the theatre thinking it was basically another Peter Jackson adaptation: a little further down that road I didn't like from the mostly-excellent FotR toward the "I have a few more problems" RotK, but it didn't leave a strong impression compared with the movies that followed. And my memory of it is that there was more griping over the frame-rate than over the content (frame-rate was a bad idea, but I think the rewatching media are free of it).