View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 08:05 PM   #292
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by MatthewM View Post
Welcome back, Nogrod!
The end of our semester and the DW II really kept me busy...

Quote:
I know that Gwath wanted to be a part of this as well. He hasn't really voiced a preference for character, but out of Gandalf and Aragorn, I think he'd make a better Aragorn.
I'd say so too... and if Legate could carry on the way he makes Gandalf shout he'd make a nice one... And I also think Mac might be best as Legolas (well, he's just marvellous as the baddies!!!) if Nerwen is not going to do that - which I'd prefer myself.

But then again Gwath seems to still have a problem with the background-noise. And that will really stick out, believe me!

Have you any chance of getting rid of that during June - July- August, Gwath? If not then I'd suggest that Legate and Mac take the two leading roles with Nerwen being Legolas.

How about you Mac and Legate try one more, being careful with the S's (avoid high-pitch ones) and avoiding speaking to your nose? And no, this is no mockery. I never learned this when I was at your age or even later... it was only by age and then joining a choir a few years ago that led me to understand these things...

And I don't mean trying like how to sound like Donald Duck or how to make an orc-growl, but listening to where the sound of your voice comes from and where it resonates. And experiment then!

If it's high up and front it's the nasal one which I don't think either Gandalf or Aragorn would have.

Bringing the voice to the middle of your mouth and thence letting it resonate in your skull makes a pleasant full voice.

Dropping it to the back of your mouth / into your throat makes it sound lower and coarser.

If you manage to get your whole body (especially your midriff) to support the sound it will be spectacular (and no... I'm not good at that myself... it's so hard).

I'd like to hear a few trials unless you others are already bored / you have clear ideas how to cast the last roles.

But those with assignments could start doing it already! As soon as I get the first files I'll start building the recording... unless Nerwen has better equipment & more time in her hands... but for now I seem to have at least time until the end of July...

Oddwen! The sooner I get your part the better! That is the backbone of all this. With your part with me I could start counting how to fit the music eg. how many melody-rounds / bars we will need approximately and thence thinking about the variations etc...

Last edited by Nogrod; 06-16-2008 at 08:10 PM.
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote