View Single Post
Old 06-16-2008, 09:22 AM   #285
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Okay. DW II is over and I'm beginning to gather myself little by little...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew
People, we must do this!
I absolutely agree!

I hope summer will be a time when everyone is able to make a few recordings - it will eventyally rain one day or another and then what to do inside if not to record something for this project?

As we haven't heard of McCaber lately I'd suggest we'd start with The Ring Goes South from where the fellowship leaves Rivendell: the place from where my clip with the music begins, page 298 on which I think is a pretty standard edition, beginning with: "Many others of Elrond's household stood in the shadows and watched them go..."

That for the reason that we'd have music for that part readily available as well. I'll promise to come up with some other sound effects as well. They should be used sparingly though but I'm definitively for having something there.

If McCaber turns out and says he has the music ready for Rivendell I'm ready to call this proposition off and start from the beginning of the chapter.

Another concrete suggestion:
If we start from where I thought we should, let's then first cover something like three pages - going to p. 302 the last sentence being: "We must stop talking aloud, rest quietly, and set the watch" by Gandalf.

That would be a conveniently short amount of text to gear us up to doing this - and also as the text continues from there with Sam being at watch and the crebain coming I think I'd need to think about some serious variations to the musical theme as well. So it would make something like a natural "first stop".

Did we have something like an agreement on the roles? (Gah, sorry but I need to go now... I'll be back with this...)
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote