View Single Post
Old 05-27-2003, 02:29 AM   #145
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

Claimr had been speaking to the others and Énien too was about to add when over the wind she heard something disturbing. Turthôl and Rangar talking. The words which came from Turthôl's mouth stung her ears. Murderer, but why?Wren had told her about Sartir and how Turthôl was wanted, but Rangar? No couldnt be true she thought, her face now showing outward signs of confusion. "What is it?" Rave asked, her horses saddle cloth in her hands. "Nothing, I- nothing." Énien decided it was the right thing to keep it to herself, until at least she had confronted Rangar or learned the truth for herself.

There had been strange looks cast upon the elves as they rode into Haudhbar, as Bregand had called it. His elvish getting all the better every time he spoke to her. The people in the village cowered away from the path of the elves and their horses, almost in hostility, but were very happy to help the others. "Why do they shy from us?" Énien asked Calimir. "They have seen no elf before, to them we are very mysterious and people fear-"
"What they do not know" Énien finished the sentence.

She had caught Bregand alone after he had a disagreement with Carmailta. Énien slid into the other side of a table in the hall. "Your right, your horse is weak."

"Im not selling her anymore" Bregand said queitly, eyes downcast. "oh... i see." Énien said with a smirk. "What!" Bregand said a little confused and embarassed. Énien lauhed. "Its nice to see a young man in love, something which you spend years trying to find, and yet here you have found it am i right?" Bregand did not answer. "You take me for less than i am, I am more perceptive than you may know." she winked and went from the hall into the night air outside.

Yes, all your life to find... And yet i am 1987, and only has my heart been touched once. Elvethion, over the sea and i will come to you one day.She smiled. This town had left Énien feeling weary again, never had she been so ill-recieved, and not by fault of her own. Even in this town none would come near to Calimir or herself, but stare, yes they stared at their fair faces.

Énien soon excused herself "I am going to sleep, i dont care to be oggled at a second longer." and she left, not before checking on Melliant.

The next day, was a clear day, and unusually warm, so much as Énien had no need for her cloak. This time riding at the back of the comapny where she could get a good look at any coming enemies, she had entrusted Calimir's eyes to see.

[ May 28, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~