View Single Post
Old 05-24-2003, 02:18 AM   #135
Everdawn
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: On the sand dunes outside of Ilium, watching it burn.
Everdawn has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

It was dark. Too dark for Énien's liking. She had left Melliant to his own on the hillside. For a moment she watched the huge black horse trot over the grass. He had made the journey with her on his back easily, perhaps the best out of all the horses.

There were flashes of stars across the sky. She had almost jumped out of her skin. The elf muttered something in her own tongue.

Unalbe to sleep, Énien stood up. "Calimir, this is strange this journey, something is different." she said.
"Whats wrong?" Calirmir asked. "I dont know exactly, and i hate not knowing." her fair face now troubled.

She glanced at her old friend, who now was staring at the sky. "Does it trouble you that you are not near them." Énien knew that Calimir was thinking of his family. He always did. "Greatly" he smiled at her. "And, you, have only your parents who have crossed the sea. Poor Énien, you will find them soon." Énien closed her eyes.

"It is not that which troubles me so, as much as i would like to think. You are brother enough for me in this world Calimir. I think i have changed Calimir, its a maternal instinct, these mortals are so fragilein a way, my friend. My values have changed. I see their side now. But i try to do the best thing." she picked up her bow and arrow. "Always, the right thing Énien" Calimir said.

"Bregand, Are you well still?, Carmalita, keep a watch on him. Aerin, Rave, Wren i trust you travelled well." she passed the fire.
"Rangar" she said walking towards where he was sitting, " I know you hat me right now and,I-, I just want to say, im sorry about before. I know Turthôl is a dear friend of yours, but i couldnt let you go after him, wounded, and him so able to defend himself. I have a feeling he is near. And, anyway, im sorry." She truned her back and began to walk away into the darkness before he could speak.

It had been some time that she had been guarding when a figure on a horse began to approach. I am ready for you this time wild man. Just try and catch Énien Unawares, my bow-string dares you. She smirked. "Halt, rider. Do not ride any closer," she said. And it stopped, only replying "Enien, still keeping watch? Your a vigilant sentry," This was Turthôl.

Énien laughed. Then she was relieved "Bless the Valar, your safe! Everyone has been worried," she said. "Especially Rangar..." The elf took Turthôl into the camp where he woke Rangar to speak to him. Énien walked over to where Calimir was sleeping. "Calimir! walke up, Turthôl has returned."

[ May 24, 2003: Message edited by: Everdawn ]

~My lord, Éomer~