View Single Post
Old 09-19-2002, 04:55 PM   #295
Tirned Tinnu
Wight

Tirned Tinnu has just left Hobbiton.
Question

Ah, yes, the ever-present question of sex and names. I translated what someone remarked should be my name rather literally, and not wanting to be another Tinuviel, I conjugated it as best I could without studying too hard.

I chose a neutral name because: when I was young and played female characters in RPGs I was oft confronted with the possibility a sexual assault - and I took to playing male charaters instead. So I thought, why not neutral? That works for me.

I chose a feminine strength symbol for my avatar - you'll all recognise Sigorney Weaver from Alien if you look at it carefully. It was that or Kim Hunter, in her role as a witch in "Bell, Book and Candle", but the piccy was too much for the server's permissions.

Eol! Yes, that is Ciaran Hinds, the Irish actor who has played many a tough role. I do think he looks exactly as I think of Aragorn. When he smiles, he looks young, and when he scowls, he is grim! He's actually got green eyes, but hey, not bad anyway. He's skilled with a sword, and has costarred in big productions such as "Excalibur" (John Boorman) and "Ivanhoe" (made for cable)
I think he looks fine in a tunic. but these days he's put on a bit of weight, and was in "Sum of All Fears" as the Russian president, and "Road to Perdition" as the fellow who sobs out the wrong words at his brother's funeral and get killed as a result. Ciaran is very much in demand, as his writeups usually include something about him being one of the more noble, dramatically adept actors in the craft today. One other reason why I like him - he looks just like a man I dated in Ireland, who was nothing but a total gentleman and a fantastically loyal friend. Not to mention 6'2" and drop dead handsome.
Oh dear, stop me, I'm drooling.

Oh yeah one more thing.. I figured the reason why he did not get cast as Aragorn was because he was involved in "Sum" and "Road"s' filming, and could not be free to do LOTR at the time. Too bad, I say! His voice is soft, (or gruff as need be) and his manner is careful, his accent is kingly, and his diction clear.
*sigh* [img]smilies/confused.gif[/img]

[ September 21, 2002: Message edited by: Tirned Tinnu ]