View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 07:48 AM   #681
Annunfuiniel
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Annunfuiniel has just left Hobbiton.
Silmaril

'And what is your name, if I may ask?' The voice of the innkeeper awoke Mayla from her thoughts. 'Of course you may, how rude of me not to tell it in the first place! I am Mayla, a healer from Annúminas. If you need my favors here just let me know.'

Soon Mayla received a bowl of steaming meat soup and some freshly baked bread. For a while she focused all her attention on filling up her stomach. Little by little she felt gaining her strenght back; she started to sense the room and people around her, the smells, voices, someone brushing her dark grey cloak while passing by... Mayla could see all the action without turning her eyes from her dish.

Mayla's gift to scent things, feelings, was inherited from her mother. But she wasn't second or even tenth in the time-honoured lineage of healers of the north. Maylen, her mother, had taught her to master her talent for otherwise it would have consumed her.

Mayla finished her meal and started to prepare her potion. She crushed the fragrant herbs and dashed the drink with some honey. While stirring the steaming mixture she tried to winnow all those feelings that crossed the rooms air. So much pain, grief and hatred... , she sighed. But then a scent of joy and hope passed its way to her mind and lift a slight smile on her face. Yes, where there is life there is still hope. And still smiling she glanced at the hobbit woman with her children.

[ February 25, 2003: Message edited by: Annunfuiniel ]