View Single Post
Old 02-28-2010, 12:21 AM   #854
Laurinquë
Shade of Carn Dûm

Laurinquë has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatElvenWarrior View Post
Thank you. I'm flattered. Don't forget yourself, Loslote!

Lottie was a very kind person, who actually listened to my rants rather intently. She was great fun to be around and never failed to find us during a break! When she did get a word in edge-wise (thanks to my monopolising the conversation) it was well said and we got to talk about intelligent things. Lottie is a brilliant person who says knowledgeable things.

Of course, I've already met Laurinque. But it doesn't ever hurt to say nice things about somebody. She is a good person, and is very intelligent. A great person to talk to, who, when not acting insane, has good insights.

We talked about the Downer a lot and confused some people. I believe we also talked about the wings controversy. Every single break we got we got together and discussed something or another. We also spotted a few people who looked like Downers. Rune, Formy, and Squatter is who I saw. Well, people who looked like them, anyway. Then we decided that we are very bad Tolkien nerds, but a least we don't go to Harry Potter exhibits during our meet-ups.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience, Alaskamoot. I look forward to meet-ups between Lauri, Loslote, and I in the future.
It was the best thing ever. Epic, wonderful, magic times!

I had of course already met TheGreatElvenWarrior, but it never (excuse me, rarely) hurts to see her again. Loslote was amazing. TGEW and I were hunting wild signatures for my resolution when I spotted a rather familiar-looking person in a very large and wonderful hat standing several feet away. I think I terrified the Nigerian delegate from China when I started jumping up and down and waving my arm to attract Lottie's attention. I'm sure her first impression of me was a rather strange one.

Unfortunately out time together was severely limited by the constrains of the conference and my odious cold that kept me from attending most of the third day. We badly wanted to make amendments to provide wings for all balrogs but fear of being kicked out of the conference always kept us back. Silly rules! I DID however take up about five minutes of a page's time by demanding a cryptically encoded message be sent to UNCTAD Brazil (aka Loslote). It contained the words 'Downer' and 'Alien' but was COMPLETELY on topic I swear!

When Tabby gave her a second or so to talk Loslote proved to be every bit as wonderful as we predicted her to be. She is a lovely person and waaaay too tolerant of TGEW's and my own insanity. It's great fun being able to make jokes that NO ONE ELSE understands and then laughing hysterically about them. I just wish I posted more on the threads Lottie prowls so we could discuss those too.

We simply MUST meet up more often! The Valley isn't more than an hour's drive away after all.

Last edited by Laurinquë; 02-28-2010 at 12:24 AM. Reason: The DPRK
Laurinquë is offline   Reply With Quote