View Single Post
Old 02-27-2010, 09:59 PM   #853
TheGreatElvenWarrior
Mighty Quill

TheGreatElvenWarrior has been trapped in the Barrow!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loslote View Post
I have met my very first Downers! As many of you probably knew, TGEW, Lauri and I are all in the Alaskan Model UN, and we arranged to meet during this year's conference. And I'm so glad we did! They're both wonderfully random and funny, and we stole wonderful moments of PandA quotes and evil plotting in between doing what we're supposed to be doing. (Work...)

TGEW is soo energetic. She's always bubbling over with words and moving all the time. She's random, and acts so very British (yay) and really fun to be around.

Lauri is insanely nice. I don't think I ever saw her *not* smiling. She's one of the sweetest girls I've ever met. Meeting them, plus PandA quotes, plus Downer gossip, plus evil plotting...I love Alaska moot!

Oh, and pictures are following, but they're on Lauri's camera, so I don't know exactly when they'll be up. Only one more day of Alaskamoot...we'll have to make it a good one! Mebbe kidnap an important global leader or something...
Thank you. I'm flattered. Don't forget yourself, Loslote!

Lottie was a very kind person, who actually listened to my rants rather intently. She was great fun to be around and never failed to find us during a break! When she did get a word in edge-wise (thanks to my monopolising the conversation) it was well said and we got to talk about intelligent things. Lottie is a brilliant person who says knowledgeable things.

Of course, I've already met Laurinque. But it doesn't ever hurt to say nice things about somebody. She is a good person, and is very intelligent. A great person to talk to, who, when not acting insane, has good insights.

We talked about the Downer a lot and confused some people. I believe we also talked about the wings controversy. Every single break we got we got together and discussed something or another. We also spotted a few people who looked like Downers. Rune, Formy, and Squatter is who I saw. Well, people who looked like them, anyway. Then we decided that we are very bad Tolkien nerds, but a least we don't go to Harry Potter exhibits during our meet-ups.

All in all, it was a wonderful experience, Alaskamoot. I look forward to meet-ups between Lauri, Loslote, and I in the future.