View Single Post
Old 01-30-2004, 09:08 PM   #117
Kates Frodo Temp
Wight

Kates Frodo Temp has just left Hobbiton.
1420!

Lon smiled at the happy noise of the inn as he stood just outside the door. His father would be angry, but no matter. Tonight was happiness, was freedom. And really good ale!

He pushed back the hood of his green cloak and stepped inside, humming a travelling song he had learned from a little fellow along the road. The Green Dragon! The best news, and the best drink for miles! The food wasn't half bad, either, though he had never eaten any warm: the talk was too engaging.

He walked up a to very busy Aman. "Excuse me, can I get a room? Just for tonight?" Though he never raised his voice, not even in the din of this room, Lon's earnest tone always caught the ear of the one he was speaking to. He looked always as if he were sharing some great secret, or telling a rare joke. More often than not, he was; his twinkling eyes and soft smile made everything he said seem a gest.

Lon followed Aman over to the bar, where he signed for a room. "Thank you. What's good to eat tonight?" He made his order, and stood at the bar to wait.

"Don't you want to listen to tales like the rest?" Lon looked up at the sound of Aman's voice, smiling. She never seemed to like him standing around.

"Not tonight. Haven't you got a riddle for me?"

Sign my lighter, Meela?