View Single Post
Old 10-14-2012, 12:24 PM   #45
Legate of Amon Lanc
A Voice That Gainsayeth

Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.Legate of Amon Lanc is spying on the Black Gate.
All right-y. A bit of analysis coming from my part as well, then, seeing that there is time.

Beorn - definitely has lot of energy, that cannot be doubted.
Gondor - maybe in its prime, but I would go with Lottie that the latter Gondor was in the state of full enthropy and losing its energy.
Butterbur - as a pun, I think it's not funny enough, however, I think it is actually much better from the "serious" point of view. I mean, you probably need to have lots of energy if you are him... running around all day with trays of food and beer to the customers, talking to hobbits, providing them with ponies and bedrooms, and shoving off Striders and other strange folks...
Thorin - I think yes, and I would maybe pick him before Beorn or even the Wargs. There is something mentioned I believe in the appendices to LotR about fire of vengeance burning in his heart, and he organised the whole trip to Erebor...
Wargs - that probably can't be doubted, but just like Beorn, I think it's rather "basic". And, I would say, "energetic" is not the first word that comes to your mind when you think of Wargs ("carnivorous" or something would be better). I think it isn't that fitting by itself.
Beregond - I would say sometimes, yes. It is certainly an innovative view of him. It's a nice idea, in any case.
Mayor Moneybags - well... mostly not, I guess.
Sauron - he definitely was energetic, also if you consider him in his prime. Maybe in the First Age a bit overshadowed by Melkor, but especially during the Second Age he was - the true former Maia of Aulė (a pity somebody did not play him), participating in creating several Rings of Power, and of course the One... and the energy to wage wars and manipulate nations for two Ages straight...
Bill Ferny - we haven't seen enough of him, though he seemed to me always more like the "I sit in the corner and act opportunistically"-type. It is true he was Sharkey's "Big Man", but he did not really sparkle with activity.
Varda - maybe if you considered astrophysics, but then again, we learn that the stars were just dew, and the light from the trees etc. does not really seem to equal "energy" in Middle-Earth, but rather something different. She was also much more active in her prime, creating the stars etc., so that was the time of being energetic for her.
"Should the story say 'he ate bread,' the dramatic producer can only show 'a piece of bread' according to his taste or fancy, but the hearer of the story will think of bread in general and picture it in some form of his own." -On Fairy-Stories
Legate of Amon Lanc is offline   Reply With Quote