View Single Post
Old 09-19-2003, 12:47 PM   #238
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Final instructions for the game

Nurumaiel,

Eckthelion has given his instructions to Addruran in the game.

OK, this is where we stand.

First, I will beg Piosenniel for a few extra days to finish this game.

As I see it, we have three things to do to bring the horse to the stables.

1. Stage the luncheon and collar the spy.

2. Do the scene at the betrothal party where the baddies are revealed.

3. Despite Eckthelion's best efforts, the baddies escape, but Alethea stays and the Steward welcomes her.

Numbers 2 and 3 should just be a matter of a few posts. I am consulting with Maika and Elora on this. Number 1 involves a number of posters so it is trickier.

Regarding scene #1: First, there will be a mystery poster posing as the man who is uncovered as the spy. And, no, I'm not about to tell you who the spy is or who plays him! You'll have to wait.

Could you patch up things between the women characters today, Saturday, Sunday, and Monday real time? Get this done before the men arrive at the luncheon.

Alak, could you do a post late Monday or Tuesday where Pelien greets the three suspects at the door and leads them into the cloak room to leave their weapons and such? Have each of the men notice the dispatch that's lying there. Then lead them back to the table and begin the lunch.

At some point after this post, the mystery poster will come in and the guilty party will excuse himself and make his way to the cloakroom.

Nuru - once the guy is standing there with the dispatch in his hand, you have to depict Addruran surrounding him with the men and leading him away, ostensibly to Eckthelion.

Let's have this done by Wednesday night if possible.

I will immediately lead in to the betrothal party. In the interests of wrapping this up quickly, it will largely be narration through the eyes of two people:

1. Maika will handle the scene where her treason is uncovered. Maika - go ahead and use the spy as we discussed. His owner has given permission for you to incorporate the character into your post.

2. Maika is led away in chains by two men. At this point Elora will come in and do a post set in the back hallways where she manages to free her daughter (with a little help) and gets her away.

3. The game will end when the Steward welcomes Althea as a new citizen of Gondor.

Of course, anyone is welcome to chime in anywhere with a relevent post, but this is what we need to get through to have the storyline make sense.

Did I miss anything? Does anyone have a problem with the schedule? I will do some saves along the way if anyone gets "left behind" and will paste up what you leave on the discussion thread.

Sharpen your pencils, turn on your computers and get ready to write like crazy this final week!

Cami

P.S. Manardariel -- at what point in the last scene did you want Finduilas to speak? At the very end, or earlier? Let me know please.

[ September 19, 2003: Message edited by: Child of the 7th Age ]