View Single Post
Old 02-04-2022, 09:56 AM   #296
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
I am pleasantly surprised with the Two Trees dagger as an item - creative and canonical, without being tied to any specific Tolkien item. What they do with it is another matter.

I am curious about the last picture, where the person's armour depicts a sun. They don't comment on it. Whose emblem is that? House of Finarfin (Gildor Inglorion?? Galadriel's people??)? House of Finwe (...Gil-Galad? But he has his own heraldic device...)? Anarion, because of the Sun thing?

They speculate about hobbits, and that I am dubious about. It would be a good easter egg to have some stoors make an oblique appearance, and this would certainly not be the first Tolkien fan-fic (yes, that is how I treat it) to wonder where the hobbits are in the earlier Ages... But I have too much suspicion that this is gonna be a let's-repeat-LOTR and have the hobbits secretly save the day things... which I would not like at all. In other words, I have more faith that they will do good stuff with the daggers and armour part of canon and head-canon, and much less faith that they will do good stuff with the Peoples of ME.