View Single Post
Old 01-18-2006, 03:55 AM   #383
Amanaduial the archer
Shadow of Starlight

Amanaduial the archer has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Amanaduial the archer
Silmaril

Yes. Where is Gurthang when you need him? He would surely be able to add to Kuru's 'analytical' post (and if you could insert 'suspicious' instead of the repeated 'stupid', sir, I would be most obliged) in which he points out only really the most incriminating facts.

In light of the analysis of my Hunter position, I'm pretty much beggared no matter what I say, right? If I say I'm the Hunter, we have a duel, and bearing in mind Kuru's witch-hunt, I'll probably end up dead; yet if I say I'm not the Hunter, it may seem that I'm merely playing up to Lhuna's words:
Quote:
Okay, my guess is that Naria really is the Hunter. Otherwise, Aman could have instinctively jumped out and cried "Liar!" If Aman admits to being the Hunter, I guess we have no choice but to pursue the duel...but if she doesn't, I'm not yet too sure about lynching her.
So if I say I'm not, hey, I'll probably end up dead. Again. So I guess you're just going to have to believe me when I reply: No. Actually, I'm not the Hunter. I'm not convinced that Naria is, but I'm not.

Kuru...goodness, sir, an 'iron clad case'? Well, I'm glad you didn't leave it at that, I'm sure you are not that naive, but I thought you were persecuting me for seeing both sides of the case - the repeated references to my own hypocrisy could easily, it would appear, be turned around to backfire onto you. However, I have no intention of letting this turn into a personal attack on Kuru, or of over-analysing your over-analysis - granted, you do make several points which may, I admit, seem suspicious - but only when viewed with a certain sort of eyes. If anyone does wish me to explain away that entire post, then I will, certainly, but I do not really feel it to be the most important thing at the moment: to focus on myself when we are trying to find a wolf would seem rather self-obsessed, not to mention pointless - and also, no doubt, would be construed as 'suspicious', bearing in mind Cailin was earlier suspected of such behaviour being suspicious. But if you wish me to attempt to explain to you the examples in that post (I shall refrain from adding any adjectives), say the word. (I will probably have to explain a few of them later toDay anyway - the question of Naria, for example). And I shall attempt not to make my explanation as personally judgemental as yours.

I have to go now - much work to do, and English coursework for next week. But, for fear of seeming to be just turning on Kuru because he's attacking me (funny how your opinion of me turned about when I considered you suspicious), I ask you to consider that post, as well as his general posting style, and to consider at the same time the phrase "The lady doth protest too much..."