View Single Post
Old 10-23-2005, 07:40 PM   #32
Glirdan
Energetic Essence

Glirdan is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Send a message via MSN to Glirdan
I was just kind of scanning through the thread so forgive me if I repeat something.

1) Loved the narraration from Cate. I much perfered her saying it at the beginning of the series then Treebeard saying it in the middle of it. Her voice added a really cool effect. It made the scene even more dark and eiriesome. Loved the elven voices in the background. Also added an eriesome effect to the scene. Galadriel speaking in elven at the beginning automatically makes you think about how different our world and Tolkien's world is. Her saying "History became legend, legend..." so on so forth, really made a difference and makes you think "Wow! That much time has passed already?"

2)The Last Alliance parts overall were really good. A few things did bug me though. - First, where in Eru's name did Sauron come from? Did he come out of a hole in the ground? Did he come out from behind a boulder? Did he just magically appear there? Where did he come from!?!?
- Two, the fact that everyone was really surprised that Sauron showed up annoyed me to death. I mean come on. You're standing in HIS realm fighting HIS army. Why wouldn't he show up?
- Three. I swear, when Sauron was exploding and it showed a group of Elves, I could have sworn that I saw Legolas there. I've been puzzling about this forever and I STILL can't draw any conclusions or theories on it.
- Four. Sauron breaking the sword. Why did he step on it? I thought there was something more to it. I thought there was a fabulous battle in which the sword was broken by the mace. And since when did he become six fingered? I thought Isildur cut off his FINGER not his FINGERS.
- Why on Middle-Earth was Sauron reaching for Isildur? Why not finish him off with the mace? I mean Isildur was laying there at the mercy of Sauron. Why wouldn't you just make it easier and attack him with the mace?
Other than that, the scene was fine. Fell in love when I saw the syncriniztion of the Elves when the Orcs started coming at him.

3) The Ambush was not quite how I liked it after reading The Unfinished Tales. Why did Isildu float and not sink? I mean he was wearing all that heavy armour. Why was he floating? He must have weighed at least two hundred to three hundred pounds with all that on. The smug look he had on and then him getting ambushed made me really happy. He deserved what he got.

4) The darkness spreading had a really good effect on showing how dark the times were at that point in time. Loved it.

5) The Ring bouncing off the rocks. That's what annoyed me. I've always been thinking that The Ring just fell off of Gollum's finger, just like it did to Isildur. I mean, it's like The Ring betrayed Gollum, isn't it?

6) Bilbo finding it. Another thing that annoyed me. In The Hobbit, he bumped his head on the ground and got knocked out. When he found The Ring in the movie, it didn't look like he was gropping(sp?) around in the dark, trying to get up. It looked like he saw it on the ground and picked it up and said "Why isn't this a nice pretty piece of jewlery. Maybe I'll sell it when I get back home."

And that's it. Other than those few little spots, loved the first scene. Again, I'm pretty sure a lot of this has probably been said, but I only scanned throught the posts. Don't have time to go back and read all of them thouroughly.