View Single Post
Old 09-17-2009, 03:38 PM   #47
Nogrod
Flame of the Ainulindalė

Location: Wearing rat's coat, crowskin, crossed staves in a field behaving as the wind behaves
Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.Nogrod is wading through the Dead Marshes.
Send a message via MSN to Nogrod
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roa_Aoife View Post
Also, with your clarification, it could be that the game ends up without having NG's or a captain. If I don't trust anyone, why would I want to protect them? And why would I put control of the lynch, limited as that control may be, in the hands of someone I don't trust? Perhaps there ought to be more incentive? Though I can't think of what that wouldn't completely unbalance the game...
The game ends up without any guards anyway as when there is only 1/3 of the players left there will be no such roles anymore (if we get into around 20 initial players it would be on 7 players left). It would be too much to have many people immune to Night-kills when there are only a few players left. I think I said that somewhere...

But yes, it would be up to the players to decide with the Captain. I mean I'm trying to make this a moldable game - what you players choose you choose.
Now sure when there is a Captain you have that person there and your way of getting rid of him and his powers is to choose another one by voting - or lynching him. Your choice.

The wolves may get your captain in the last Nights as well (when there are no guards anymore) unless a ranger lives and protects him. Then it's up to you if you wish to elect a new one or go the last Days without one. Both decisions would sound realistic thinking about the situation...

So I won't be "ordering" you to choose a new Captain later when the one you had has died, but you will have to choose one on Day1. That's all I require. The rest - what you do with him or whether you change him to someone else - is up to you.

So you can only get rid of a/the captain by
- voting for another person to be a captain
- lynching him and not choosing a new one
- not voting for a new one after the wolves kill him during the last Days
Nogrod is offline   Reply With Quote