View Single Post
Old 06-30-2005, 02:40 AM   #75
Anguirel
Byronic Brand

Anguirel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Malris seemed much calmed by his uninterrupted night's sleep, though he reacted to being left to it with some chagrin.

"At least you let me see the dawn, I suppose. Look at it..."

All six Elves were at last united in what their kind excelled at; appreciation of overpowering beauty, that stirs the depths of the soul. Malris saw that Lindir and Lomwe were moved by this spectacle even as he had been by Maglor's voice; but he would not criticise them for it. He turned instead to Tasa.

"A thousand times I would forgive you, of course, if you had committed any crime. You brought me back to a kind of humility. I stand in your debt...but if we hear the song again...in all probability we will not, but if we do...all of you, pay it all your attention, and do not be quick to scorn it, if you find it in your hearts..."

Malris got to his feet, and began to clamber onto the lower, tumbled down wall which Oremir had explored that night.

"Good masonry, the best in the world, for the Naugrim helped us lay it. I remember their King, Azaghal...I seem to recall you knew him best of us, Lindir? But in any case, you are all right. It is time to climb. It will require all the strength and prowess in you; grip the footholds, and keep the bright banners of yesterage in your mind, and we shall conquer all the ridges, cliffs and scree. To Himring's towers we go this morn...and in the eve we will stand in Maedhros' courtyard."

Malris began the long, steep journey, the others quickly following; and though the ascent was still treacherous, in the light of beauteous Arien paths could be devined, and the fell wills that had been set against Malris on the previous night did not yet dare to make themselves felt; though the Dragonhelm sorely tempted them.