View Single Post
Old 08-21-2020, 05:53 PM   #234
Galadriel55
Blossom of Dwimordene

Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Galadriel55 is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Squeeeeeee!

It's is amazing. I think it is my favourite song so far, for both the music and imagery and incorporation of everything with the lyrics. And it was a good call to duet the last refrain. It sounds very nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huinesoron View Post
I really like this song. ^_^ I think my absolute favourite lines are the 'Tell me, Death' verse, because there's some lovely imagery in there that fits beautifully with the music.
Yes, I like that part the best as well. The falling shadow is a nice touch, and I like the music in that verse best. It all fits together very well.

By the way, for future reference, does it help to mark a count of four before the start of a new part to help line up the recording? I meant to make a mention of that in the previous post but it slipped my mind.

Another question for future reference - is there a way to change the volume individually on the pieces of music you gather together? I feel that whenever I record the instrumentals, they sound very quiet, and I always have to up the volume on my computer to listen to it properly. And every time I don't really notice it until the voice then comes along quite louder than expected for the volume of music. It might be a fault in my computer, because the music is quiet even without the added voice, I just compensate for it better. Is there any way to make it louder on my end, do you think? I tried recording with a different volume output set on my computer, but it made no difference.

I am struggling a bit with getting Wind's melody right, but I'll get there eventually. I'll send you the sketch once I get it straight, before I start prettying it up.
ETA: Ha! Spotted the key change. That explains things. I should have looked closer at the chords from the beginning. Well, that cleaned up about 3/4 of the melody. Just a few bars left of those that still aren't fitting even when the key change is accounted for.

Last edited by Galadriel55; 08-21-2020 at 08:15 PM.
Galadriel55 is offline   Reply With Quote