View Single Post
Old 02-05-2004, 09:27 AM   #51
caligulathegod

Sting

Oh, yeah, I had to add how disingenuous it is to complain that stuff was left out or streamlined (not the same as dumbed down) for a three hour film and then refuse to acknowledge the EE versions. The theatrical versions were made with compromises necessary to bring it in at 3 hours and have it make sense for a general audience. The EE are not "definitive" versions or director's cuts. They were made specifically for the fans to address many of the problems you listed (other than the parts of the list that just repeat what the changes are. We <I>know</I> what the changes are. Why didn't you just say, "I didn't like that there were changes, period."?). If you refuse to count the EE versions, then you lose your right to complain. The TE that you paid admission for wasn't really made for you. It was made for a general audience. The EE <I>was</I> made for you, because you care about all the stuff that was left out. Can it address everything? No, of course not. The books take 55 hours to listen to unabridged on tape. Nor would you really want a word for word version. Go see "Gospel of John" for proof of that.<p>[ 10:28 AM February 05, 2004: Message edited by: caligulathegod ]