View Single Post
Old 10-09-2002, 11:40 PM   #180
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"You have a hole in your shirt, Gamba." said Azraph, pointing to the raveled tear in the back of the shirttail.

Gamba shrugged, but Esta silently gestured and the boy took off the shirt so that she could inspect it for possible mending. She had one precious needle that she carried with her everywhere, and would gather threads from the few rags that were no longer good for clothing.

Esta shook the shirt to remove any dirt, not seeing the small, black and silver insect that fell out of it's folds. But Loremaster did, and he casually flicked the hem of his robe in the direction of Birdie, allowing her to hide in the hem and laboriously make her way up to his shoulder.

"Loremaster, please", she whispered in his ear, "Can you take me down to the river? Midnight approaches, and I must see Levanto and let him know what Daisy and I have found."

He gave a small nod of his head, and after a few moments, stood and stretched, miming an old man who would seek his bed. But Birdie and he, once they left the common area, hastened to the bank, hoping that Levanto would appear.

[ October 11, 2002: Message edited by: Birdland ]