View Single Post
Old 01-14-2003, 11:56 AM   #28
Child of the 7th Age
Spirit of the Lonely Star

Child of the 7th Age is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

Cami turned her attention to the other problem at hand. Pio had finished her letter and now stood watching it disappear down the road to Gondor.

Cami stood in front of the Elf announcing her grand idea. "Excuse me Mistress Pio. I have a wonderful ploy to expand our business! You remember I mentioned about a little dinner party at Bag-end. Most generously, Bilbo has agreed to come here with his guests. Masters Frodo and Samwise and Mistress Rose will also be in attendence, so I expect this will arouse a lot of interest in the neighborhood, what with the unprecedented concern about the Ring and all. I would expect a great number of people to crowd into the Inn hoping to meet our guests, and undoubtedly there will be much eating and drinking." Most of it no doubt by the Gamgee brood! But she did not say that out loud.

Here the hobbit looked down squarely at her feet, scampering breathlessly through a few unimportant details, which she spoke in her tiniest voice, scarcely as loud as a whisper: "Of course we'll pick up the tab, and Samwise's chidren will come as well."

[ January 14, 2003: Message edited by: piosenniel ]