View Single Post
Old 01-13-2003, 06:20 PM   #20
Sword Maiden Of The Shire
Animated Skeleton

Sword Maiden Of The Shire has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
It took Champignonne a long time to answer the other hobbit. She had been startled by all of the shuffle and motion. Never before had she seen so many people in one place!
She gazed silently at the two hobbits before her, then she realized that she looked the part of a fool. They frightened her the most, because, out of all of these strange beings, they were of her lineage, and yet they both were her exact opposites, as she could not shout or joke, or even run about without feeling foolish. In a crimson blush, she answered.

"I am Champignonne, new to this strange Inn. You-you had m-mmushrooms, did you not? I could smell them from across the room, and they. . they seem a very fine sort. . .where did you get them?" With this, she looked down at her feet, feeling that she had said too much. But she thought of her mother, and what she would do, and looked them both in the face, if only for a moment. They did seem a handsome sort.
"Yes, we did" replied Pippin. She could see that Champignonne was nervous about the Inn amoung all the new faces."And you might enjoy them as well" she said handing several to her.

"As for where we got them" said Merry jokingly, "I'm afraid we won't be able to get any more for at least two days." He smiled "Farmer Maggot's got it in for us. Isn't that right Pip?"

"Yes," she replied grinning "you would've thought we were stealing his whole crop with the way he set off on us. Why would we steal all of them? There would'nt be any more left for the next time." They both burst out laughing. "Do you mind if we join you?" asked Pippin....