View Single Post
Old 08-13-2004, 05:41 PM   #9
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
White Tree

Taralphiel’s post

“Hmmm…today should prove to be interesting…”

Freyn rolled his shoulder slowly, before stretching his arms out wide and letting out a bellow of a yawn before the front of his home. His wife was in the nearest room, mixing some warm soup for breakfast.

“What makes you say that, love?” She smiled up at him, slowly turning her spoon.

“I have that feeling, it hardly ever steers me wrong. We are in for a change, love. Perhaps a very good one. I cannot tell just yet…”

She looked back at her pot “Everyone here would agree we need a good change. The only things to blow in here have been those Corsair ships. Those I do not like…”

Freyn sighed. “Aye, I do not know what they are up to, I’ve not been so fortunate to find out. I do know they bring a bad air and a misfortune that works against what we already have…”

Freyn walked down through the light new snow, peering out over the Bay. Few ships or even small boats were there, the ice was already packed thick around the Bay and could crush them through the night. This morning was particularly rough, and the clouds frowned angrily over the white coastline, turning them a grey hue. Freyn had felt a storm come in during the night, so this was no surprise to him. Through the winds and soupy mist, Freyn laboured to see anything with his ageing eyes. But he let out a grumble when he turned away from the ocean.

“I must be dreaming... I think there may be a ship out there. By the look of it, it is definitely no Corsair vessel. How strange…”

Last edited by piosenniel; 08-13-2004 at 05:48 PM.