View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 01:00 PM   #236
piosenniel
Desultory Dwimmerlaik

piosenniel is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Sting

‘You would like Amaranthas, I think. She has been a good friend to me.’ Much like the irascible Angara! No tail to trip you up or lash at you. But she is quite handy with her sturdy blackthorn cane. Pio sent him an image of wizened little Hobbit with her bright, black eyes taking his measure, and cackling.

She took him by the arm and drew him further from the baby discussions. ‘I only thought you might like to get out of the Inn. There will be people there that are my acquaintances, and I think you would be comfortable among them.’ Pio laughed and shook her head. ‘I suppose I could play the quirky expectant mother and request that you squire your poor frail wife to this social outing. But if you would be more at ease here, then stay. I can fill you in on anything of interest that occurs.’

Prim and Angelica had moved on to talk about hot water and towels and the reliability for certain teas to ease the pains. Pio sighed and said she supposed she had best be in on this. ‘If you would, can you take ‘Falmar out for a short ride – even around the area of the Inn would be good. Hob unfortunately has conspired with the others here to keep me from her.’ She rubbed her belly. ‘Sometimes I feel I will burst like some great, overripe melon. I can barely wait for them to come.’

She turned, heading back to the two Hobbits. ‘No need for you to listen to all this,’ she smiled. ‘Think about whether you would like to come tonight. The invitation stands open.’