Thread: "Hobbit in 5"
View Single Post
Old 01-24-2011, 08:52 AM   #2
Morthoron
Curmudgeonly Wordwraith

Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.Morthoron is a guest of Galadriel in Lothlórien.
Hmmm...I'm ambivalent regarding Elijah Wood's comment that reprising his role as Frodo will not impinge on the integrity of the book. It seems to me that nearly every decision PJ has made so far is shooting holes through the integrity of the book.

For all that, I am not even sold on the necessity of having two films to tell the story. Having seen what Jackson and Boyens did with LotR, it seems to me that having two Hobbit films is merely their chance to add extraneous material -- what amounts to glorified fan-fic -- in order to put their curious stamp on the story. In the LotR films, it was not what was taken out that proved the most rankling, it was the hot mess that was added in.