View Single Post
Old 07-12-2003, 12:44 PM   #24
Eruwen

Eruwen has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

Quote:
Aww, I think you should've continued with the fanfic! Fanfiction is a great way to pratice your writing. It helps you understand and respect proper characterization, character interactions, decent plot continuation, and things like that. Plus, it's really fun.
Actually I probably should have. It was kinda cool, because I had my character run into Merry and Pippin's grandchildren while she was wandering near the road in Mirkwood. Although, I have to admit I think I might keep my fan-fic writing to only poems. I might write a short story here and there, but I like writing mostly poems. Who knows though...I might get inspired soon to finish writing it.

Quote:
How do you make your protagonist (hero) somebody your reader can relate to, or like, or at least sympathize with?
I'm not sure about this one. My hero is pretty much just an average person...who might know how to fight pretty good. Like in my book, my main character I had as one who loves music and poetry and she loved the outdoors. I guess it all depends on what the reader is interested in as if they can relate to it or not. I pretty much just think of a character with traits that I thought would be interesting, and I just hope that others will think the same.

Quote:
Can anyone suggest a site where I can get help and inspiration?
Well I can recommend this site for inspiration. You can go to the RPG sections or also the fan-fiction section of the Downs. There are so many great writers here that there is no possible way not to get inspired. For instance, Gilthalion wrote a wonderful Fan-fic called "The Hobbits" which I have constantly read and re-read. It inspired me so much. I think it was because of this story that I was inspired to write my first poem about Frodo and Sam.

As for help, I'm sure anyone on this site would be glad to help and also there is breeunderbreehill,Ringbearer, and Tolkien Online. I love all of those.
Eruwen is offline   Reply With Quote