View Single Post
Old 07-23-2015, 12:50 PM   #242
Mithalwen
Pilgrim Soul

Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.Mithalwen is lost in the dark paths of Moria.
Wilheard is staying but there is no reason for the empty carts and their drivers to, as far as I know.
Not sure about Elfthain being more likely to be kicked. Unless a horse is loose it is fairly easy to avoid being kicked by them by the simple method of standing really close. He has been around horses all his life. He would know this. Only time I got kicked was by a brilliant but vicious 12.2 mare that was loose in the yard. Got of lightly with a half horseshoe bruise on my thigh but could have been a lot worse. I had been thinking of a cob at the place 'I used to work who also got kicked by a nasty little mare of 12.2, the aptly name Dotty. He had to spend six weeks in his box cross tied, poor old chap. I used to go and talk to him at lunchtimes since he was so bored .

Also a man is relatively easily transported compared to a horse unless we are giving him life threatening injuries or ones that will potentially maim him for life. That would definitely bring Elfride on the scene longer term since nothing would stop her getting to her injured boy though all the hosts of Mordor lay between them. Also if the boy is too hurt to be moved, he isn't going to be very active, laid up and possibly zonked out. Yes I can write for his lovely mother instead but that isn't really the way I had anticipated going so will need to have a think.

Elfthain will mind a lot more if Saff is hurt than him and his mamma will pay a relatively fleeting visit. If Elfthain is hurt, it solves some issues but to my mind makes more. I am not dismissing it and would welcome suggestions to resolve.

Christopher Tolkien, Requiescat in pace

Last edited by Mithalwen; 07-23-2015 at 01:09 PM.