View Single Post
Old 11-14-2009, 11:56 AM   #3412
Rune Son of Bjarne
Odinic Wanderer

Location: Under the Raven banner, between tall Odin and white Christ!
Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Rune Son of Bjarne is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Send a message via AIM to Rune Son of Bjarne Send a message via MSN to Rune Son of Bjarne
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aganzir View Post
Rune do you listen to Rebellion or has that song been recorded by someone else too (or is their version a cover)? I liked them a lot when I was younger.
Yup, it is Rebellion.

I stumpled upon the song while looking through weird viking videos on youtube. I probably won't become a fan, but I might buy the album with that song about Canute the Great (The King of Danish Pride).

Anyways the St. Brice Day Massacre is one of the most interesting subjects in viking history, especially because so little is known about it.
It seems unlikely that they really intended to kill all danes in england, simply because in some areas there would have been too many (especially in places like East Anglia) and they would have been too mixed with the Anglo-Saxon population.

Then there is the twist about Gunhilde, was she killed in the massacre or is it something made up by later day historians in order to make Sweyn look more noble? (revenge is apparently a more acceptable reason for invading, than greed or lust for power)

Rune Son of Bjarne is offline   Reply With Quote