View Single Post
Old 04-24-2021, 04:59 PM   #229
Blind Guardian
Guardian of the Blind

Blind Guardian is a guest of Tom Bombadil.
Silmaril Day 3

Gorlim awoke to the sound of banging and the feeling of red hot iron. He hoped his nightmare had merely been a bad dream, but it had not. Standing over him were two gnarly Orcs holding glowing red daggers.

“Wakey, wakey eggs and bakey. ‘Sept you’re not getting any meat,” they sneered.

Gorlim tried to move away, but he had been tied down tight. “I’ve told you before: I don’t know what you want!”

Yes you do.

Gorlim turned his head towards the deep, booming voice. In the darkened corner were two fiery red eyes shrouded in liquid black shadow.

The Orcs cackled wildly. “The Master knows all!”

Tell me what I wish to know.

“I...I don’t know...know anything,” Gorlim’s eyes teared up. “Nothing!”

There is far worse evil than me. Do you wish to meet him?

The Orcs tapped the tips of their burning daggers into Gorlim’s skin making hundreds of tiny little cuts and some larger ones too, for good measure.

“Alright I’ll tell you!” he shrieked. “I saw her leaving one night; the Ranger! She got on her stead and rode away on one of her father’s missions!”

"Please, I beg of you, cease this torture!" Gorlim begged.

Very well. Sauron said. Kill him.

----****----

No one paid the carrion any mind. Normally, they would be perfectly welcome to land in trees and eat leftover scraps of meat. However, this bird carried a note tied to its leg. Eventually, it landed on the arm of one of the outlaws. A very human looking outlaw that hid a furry, evil secret. The outlaw untied the note and the carrion bird flew off.

Upon untying it the note merely said, “++Lottie”.

----****----

As the outlaws arose at dawn, they were immediately thrust into a frenzied chaos. Nine had gone to sleep, but only eight woke up. First, they found Lottie, their poor hard working Ranger, dead in her bed still clad in her riding gear. Then as they went to the edge of Tarn Aeluin to mourn, it seemed to them that they saw a form that came to them across the water, and it was a wraith of Gorlim. Despite his death, he felt guilty at his betrayal and wished to repent for his deeds. And he spoke to them in Form’s voice, yet his meaning was unclear, enshrouded in words they could not comprehend.

The Living
Boro
Kath
Legate
Lommy
Morsul
Pitch
Sally
Soriman
***Formendacil - Ghost (Gorlim)

The Dead
Gorlim (NPC/Ghost)
Galadriel55 (Night 1)
BlindGuardian (Night 1)
Greenie (Day 1 - Ordo)
***Formendacil (Night 2 - Ordo)
Hui (Day 2 - Ordo)
Loslote (Night 3 - Ranger)

It is now Day 3.

A reminder that no specific instructions may be given to the Ghost. He may post in full-sentence Tolkien quotes of 5 words or more. He may not vote. He may not read the Dead Thread toDay. He will return to the Dead at Nightfall. It was brought to my attention that the forum doesn’t actually allow you to post only quote boxes, it requires some “unquoted” text in the post; therefore, the Ghost will sign his posts with “Ghost” to allow it to go through.
Tom was poet bot. Tom only sold soul for art. Tom suffered. Mith mithed Tom
Blind Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote