View Single Post
Old 05-03-2002, 10:11 AM   #24
Birdland
Ghastly Neekerbreeker

Birdland has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

"OUTOUTOUTOUT!"

Croaking frantically, Corvu leaped up from the courtyard and flew to the corral fence. Landing with a thump beside the frozen Fedwie, she swiftly grabbed the mouse in her beak and flew up into the night sky.

"EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!" screamed Fedwie, and he scrambled his feet in midair as he instinctively tried to run. For a moment he thought that the crow's hunger had won out over any "mission" she had been sent on.

Then he realized that Corvu's beak was closed around him as lightly has his mother's teeth when she carried him back to the nest. Going limp, Fedwie finally saw how HIGH in the air they were, for in her panic, Corvu had flown straight up above the courtyard. Lights, dogs, wolves and humans were mere specks below her.

"Tighter! Hold me tiiiiigter!" squeeked Fedwie, and he squeezed his eyes shut as he waited for a sickening drop back to earth.

Thump! Fedwie felt the jolt of landing, and the feel of rough, wrinkled hide under his feet as he was released. He smelled the warm, overpowering, welcome smell of his friend Magda again. Sighing in relief, he opened his eyes.

"Well", what happened" asked Magda.

"I tried to talk to her! I really tried!" said Corvu, But just as I landed in front of her and started to address her, lights went on, people were running towards her, dogs were barking and kii-yii-ing. It was a madhouse! A madhouse, I tell you. I had to leave. I could have been trampled!"

"And you!" she glared at Fedwie. Where were you when all this happened? Were you keeping an eye on that male, like I told you?"

"Yes, Corvu! I was! All the time. I fact," Fedwie quivered, "I think he saw me. Or he saw something. He was starting to come towards the corral. And then...thank you for saving me, Corvu."

"Hmmmph!" sniffed Corvu.

"And so no message was delivered from Maleficent." stated Magda. Crow and mouse both looked at her, and hung their heads...