View Single Post
Old 02-03-2012, 06:30 AM   #10
Lalwendė
A Mere Boggart

Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Lalwendė is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Thumbs up

Some of you have seen my vast collection of action figures/plastic tat* so I will be buying these. Not least because I love LEGO and so does the little fella, but because I have to say the Gollum one is so utterly hideous and sinister it goes beyond the pale and I'm therefore compelled to have it. I have a set of the 11 Doctors (from Doctor Who, if this wasn't obvious) done as 'LEGO' men (from the Character Building range, which is LEGO compatible) and they are quite ugly little things too, but I love them.

I will of course legitimise this and claim they have some educational value for the young sir as he will enjoy playing with them too and I can impart some more subliminal knowledge of Tolkien until such time as he's old enough to read the books. The best thing for a toy collector is having a child and therefore an excuse.

I will be very cross, though, if no proper action figures come out to accompany the films.

*delete according to taste.