View Single Post
Old 09-24-2003, 06:19 PM   #40
Lord of Angmar
Tyrannus Incorporalis

Lord of Angmar has just left Hobbiton.
Sting

No offense Lush, but this does not seem to be the most Tolkien-related topic on the site. I personally have no problem with Liv Tyler, and she is one of the actors whose face I willingly picture in the books as I read them (as opposed to Eowyn and Barliman Butterbur, among others, who I try to think of as the same way I did before the movies arrived). People have argued that Arwen was not particularly strong in her Two Towers performance, but I beg to differ; the scene in which Aragorn attempts to give back the pendant, the scene in which she has a heart-to-heart with her father Elrond, and the close-up on her face when Aragorn walks away, were all (at least to me) particularly poignant. I will be the first to admit that I have never seen a Liv Tyler movie before the Lord of the Rings came out, but had I already seen one or all I would not have that fact weigh in on my evaluation of her performance as Arwen.<p>[ October 06, 2003: Message edited by: Lord of Angmar ]