View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 08:57 AM   #403
Folwren
Messenger of Hope

Location: In a tiny, insignificant little town in one of the many States.
Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.Folwren is battling Black Riders on Weathertop.
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlemanpoet
Folwren, Thornden can do whatever you want him to do. There are always consequences for actions, but they can be headed off. For example, if you want Thornden to stick around, have him do it, and have him put together a set of reasons why he needs to stay around, armed with which he goes to Eodwine and gives the Eorl his speal.
Oh, well, that's likely. I don't want him to disobey intentionally and get marked as such. He's got to be more responsible than that. He'll have to go, even though he won't want to.

Actually, would this be a good way to bring up the conflict that you've mentioned before? One reason to get Jenny's character in as the actual steward? Because Thornden runs on impulse occasionally (as I assume he would if he decided to go directly against orders just to see if Lys survives).

What do you think? Or are you going to be vague and stuborn like other RPers I've written with and say 'You decide, and whatever you write, I'll decide what my character'll do'? I hope not.

-- Folwren