View Single Post
Old 10-16-2004, 01:19 AM   #184
Imladris
Tears of the Phoenix

Imladris has just left Hobbiton.
Tolkien

The bird came from nowhere, descending upon him like a hawk upon a mouse. Jynne roared with pain as the bird bit him on the nose, but had the sense not to let go of the elven wench. He tightened his grip upon her wrists, and shifted the knife so that it could more easily slit her throat in a moment's time.

The arrows reigned around them, and he backed against a tree, clutching the wench as a shield against him. He could feel the blood run down his nose, bathing his lips crimson.

Raising his voice, he shouted, "ENOUGH OF THIS OR THE ELF WILL MEET A FATE WORSE THAN DEATH!"

The silver blade flashed across her cheeks...a river of blood appeared. "This can do much worse," he said in a soft silky voice that penetrated the air. "This blade is bathed in poison, it burns you skin, does it not?" he asked almost politely. He smiled thinly as she nodded her head, a soft whimper on her lips. "And not even your bird fiend will save her," he added. "If I so much as see a shadow a birdish shadow, or hear a flutter of wings, I will not hesitate to strike. Maybe, I'll strike in such a way that she dies a slow, painful death that not even the elves can stay," he whispered silkily. "If the foolish Hilde dies, this elf dies -- very painfully."

Last edited by Imladris; 10-16-2004 at 04:56 PM.