View Single Post
Old 03-16-2003, 09:38 PM   #39
GaladrieloftheOlden
Ghost Prince of Cardolan

Location: Massachusetts - digging up a bottomless hole, searching for something that's not there...
GaladrieloftheOlden has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via MSN to GaladrieloftheOlden Send a message via Yahoo to GaladrieloftheOlden
Pipe

Wow, nice thread. I think I'll just comment on every character I can remember *ignores groans from every direction* Ok...<BR>Frodo- I actually thought he was amazing...or very good, at leadt. He<B>does</B> looki like he''s gonna start crying any moment, but I think that that was deliberate. I thought that it was just meant to symbolize the weight of the Ring on him. It's not like he <B>couldn't</B> be all merry and happy, you saw in the first movie, at the party, and in the extended version in the pub. It was just that if he had been like that in the other parts, we would all be making fun of him for that. Also, I thought that he was one of the three actors for whom you could just tell what their character was thinking by the look on their face.<BR>Sam- The first time I saw TTT, I thought he was real corny, but as I saw it more and more times it semed like he got better. He was pretty much the way I imagined him, except that he would have been less- well, i don't know. I thought he was not bad though, and he looked very earnest. The "they'll put us into stories?" thing at the end was kind of strange, but still good.<BR>Merry- I liked him more in TTT. It's Pip's role to do comic relief- Mery was basically good, just a little more shallow than some of the others.<BR>Pip- Pretty much same, except he's funny.<BR>Gimli- Hmm...not too great. Leave the humor to the hobbits, you'll be better off. Not too bad, and he's not a bad actor, as we'll see with Treebeard, just...I dunno.<BR>I gotta go, school tomoroorw, not done with homework, but I'll type out the rest later.