View Single Post
Old 02-25-2003, 05:08 PM   #87
Rochelle
Shade of Carn Dûm

Rochelle has just left Hobbiton.
Shield

She leaned forwards aboard Quellë, the withers of the steed supporting her when her hand could not. She startled slightly when the man appeared before her, though almost instantly she recognized friend from foe. She sat still, smirk alighting on her features as the man lead the fidgety stallion from the road.

"He does not take to being led as I'm sure you're now aware." He turned to offer his service, but she held up a hand "Nay, I am still able." She dismounted and after an affectionate pat to Quellë she settled to the ground.

Here she was able to access her wound. The gash was deep, right below her elbow. She winced as she removed her gauntlet and rolled up her sleeve. "I'm alright..." she answered his first question for it was easiest. Mentally she was cursing herself for it was her own sword that had caused this damage. She tightly wound her arm with a sash, slowing the blood before she administered anything.

After she had caught her breath and pulled her thoughts together, she could better answer the preceding question. "Dol Amroth has been taken...I had a foul run-in with a leader of corsairs. Their men captured me and shun my horse, yet I was able to cut through and free myself..." She held up her arm slightly, "hence my wound..." She looked to the stallion "His bravery matches any man in battle...I would have no other."

She let most detail fall where it may and reached her free hand up to sweep stray tendrils of her hair from her eyes. "The harbor has been set ablaze and the guard of Dol Amroth has been besieged..."

She frowned before closing her eyes and remembering the sights of the city. She had a photographic memory, and things that had been seen before could now be recalled. "There was a great number of them...how many I can not count, but their ships patrol the harbor." Her eyes opened once more, looking past the man before alighting upon him. "I dare not to return save for the voice I heard..."

Before the corsair had surprised her, a frantic villager had cried out that the children had been taken...they were crying out to anyone who would pay them heed. "The children...I know not whose...but the children were taken. I can not leave them to torment. Perhaps this is what I was pulled south for."

She sighed, her free hand moving to rest against the wound. It would heal and she would ride soon, though this time she would approach with greater caution.

"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens"