View Single Post
Old 01-24-2004, 03:54 PM   #238
Orofaniel
Mighty Mouse of Mordor

Orofaniel has just left Hobbiton.
Send a message via AIM to Orofaniel
Tolkien

Rosie

Rosie heard that there had been someone at the door. Hedgar however had caught it first and he had opened it. "I just wanted to assure you and your wife was ready to man the bucket brigade along the hedge. You might want to work shifts as you have a little boy."

"Man the bucket brigade along the hedge?" Rosie asked questioned when she came over and stood by Hedgar's side.

"Yes," The young man said. "You'll have to be ready in case the alarm bell rings. As you probably know the town is getting ready to defend itself if there should be an attack. We are quite sure that the bandits will attack...soon, and we'd better get ready." he continued. Rosie gazed. It was this bad? Rosie had known about the situation of course, but she had never really imagined it to be like this.

Hegar opened his mouth, but Rosie interrupted. She turned around and dragged Hedgar with her. "But we've just dealt with the FIRE!" She said behind her teeth. She wasn't sure if the young man behind them had heard what she'd said do she dragged Hedgar with her further down the hallway. "Yes, I know." Hedgar said. "But we have to...I mean...I think we should help our town." Hedgar continued. "Yes, but what about Fippi?" Rosie continued, still speaking with a tense, but low voice.

"We'll stand shifts, as he proposed." Hedgar suggested.

"Excuse me..?" The young man said whit a shivering voice. He was obviously nervous. "Yes..?" Hedgar said and turned, and so did Rosie. They walked towards him as he talked. "I'm sorry, but this is really important. The mayor is quite worried....I mean, the gates are locked down, and there are armed men and Hobbits in the streets. They are now taking their positions on rooftops and along the walls...We have to be ready!" The man said to try to convince them that they had to do this. He still seemed nervous, not for confronting them, but about the situation in town and about the bandits that were going to attack.

Rosie sighed. She knew by herself that they would have to do this. Not only for the town, but also for her own son, she wanted him to be safe. "Okay then..." She said and sighed. "We'll man the bucked brigade along the Hedge." She said and looked at Hedgar. He smiled faintly and kissed his wife on the cheek.

<font size=1 color=339966>[ 4:00 AM January 30, 2004: Message edited by: Orofaniel ]